Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Organizing all our shoes--Works for ME Wednesday


A while back Lots of Kids showed a GREAT shoe organizing idea. As usual, I filed away the idea & hoped to find a way to incorporate it into our house. I haven't yet found the perfect place for that idea, but I did recently figure out a shoe organizing system that works for me!
I bought this 4 shelf wire rack at Target or Walmart on the organizing isle. It fits perfectly behind our front door & as an added bonus it keeps the kids from being able to slam the door into the wall. The kids are supposed to put their shoes on the rack as soon as they come inside, this doesn't always happen. Lucky for me, my 2 yr old & 4 yr old LOVE to go around the house finding everyones shoes & putting them in their "home".

For more Organizing Week Works for Me Wednesday visit We are THAT Family.

3 comments:

UnfinishedMom said...

That's great. Don't you just love the "helper" phase of preschoolers. I wish I'd known how to encourage that when my oldest enjoyed helping and organizing.

Christina said...

That's great your 2 & 4 year old love that job!

Jen said...

Ok, this is like a YEAR later...;) but, I had to comment anyway just in case anyone ever reads this like I did. We use a similiar system with our 6 family members, but we bought an 8 drawer plastic drawer tower. Everyone gets their own drawer for shoes, sandals, gloves, mittens, hats, library cards, etc. We have two small draers for community items like the ice scrapers, pens, pencils, etc. The only things that need to be hung up are coats and backpacks. The drawers close and the mess is hidden! It's been working just super for about two years now!